PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND COMPLETELY SO YOU UNDERSTAND THESE POLICIES. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL 800 488-O456. THANKS
THERE IS NO CANCELLATION FEE FOR CANCELLATIONS MADE MORE THAN 24 HOURS BEFORE THE RESERVED ARRIVAL DATE EXCEPT DURING CHRISTMAS AND SPRING BREAKS.
WHEN A CANCELLATION IS MADE LESS THAN 24 HOURS BEFORE A SCHEDULED ARRIVAL OTHER THAN DURING CHRISTMAS AND SPRING BREAKS:
- If we still rent that unit, there will be no charge.
- If we feel we probably wouldn't have rented out that unit anyway, there will be no charge.
- If we feel we could have rented out that unit and can rent it out but must charge less than the standard rate there will be charge of the difference between the two rates for one night.
- If we could have rented that unit and didn't because we were reserving it for you and we are unable to rent it after you cancel. There will be a one night charge.
WHEN A RESERVATION IS NOT CANCELLED AND NO ONE SHOWS UP OTHER THAN DURING CHRISTMAS OR SPRING BREAKS:
- If we feel we couldn't have rented that unit anyway, there will be no charge.
- If we feel we could have rented that unit there will be one night charge and any further nights on the reservation will be cancelled.
WHEN GUESTS LEAVE BEFORE THEIR SCHEDULED DEPARTURE DATE OTHER THAN DURING CHRISTMAS OR SPRING BREAKS:
1. If they notify us 24 hours before check-out (11AM) that they will be leaving the next day, the unused nights will be credited back.
2. If they notify us less than 24 hours before check-out that they will be leaving the next day: 1. If we are able to rent out that room for the standard rate they will receive a credit. 2. If we feel we wouldn't have rented out the room anyway, they will receive a credit. 3. If we feel we could have rented it out and didn't because we were reserving it for them, there will be no credit. 4. If they simply leave without telling us they are leaving early there will be no credit.
Because most guests coming to the Woodland Motel for Christmas and Spring Breaks make their plans and reservations from 6-12 months in advance and few guests make them at the last minute, we have modified our cancellation policies for these periods.
During Christmas Break (December 20 through January 4) and Spring Break (March 9 through March 24) the following cancellation policy is in effect:
1. There is a 60 day cancellation period for Christmas Break and and 30 day cancellation period for Spring Break. If reservations are cancelled less than 60 days or 30 days depending on which break, and if we're unable to rebook the room, there will be a two-day charge. If we are able to rebook the room but must charge less than the standard rate, there will be a charge of the difference between the two rates for those two days. If we are able to rebook the room at the standard rate, there will be no cancellation fee.
2. If guests postpone their arrival or decide to leave early because of the weather, car trouble, medical emergencies or any other reason, they will still be charged for those reserved nights if we are unable to rent them out for the standard rate. If we are able to rent them out for less than the standard rate, they will be a charged for the difference of those two rates.
3. We feel this is only fair. We have reserved the room during these nights specifically for this guest and have turned away other reservations. We are not vacation insurers. Emergencies or changes in one's plans, for whatever reasons, however out of the control of our guests and with all our understanding and sympathy, are out of our control and therefore are not our responsibility.
A man wrote a letter to a small motel he planned to visit on his vacation: ”I would very much like to bring my dog with me. He is well-groomed and very well behaved. Would you be willing to permit me to keep him in my room with me at night?”
An immediate reply came from the motel owner, who said, “I’ve been operating this motel for many years. In all that time, I’ve never had a dog steal towels, linens, silverware or pictures off the walls. I’ve never had to evict a dog in the middle of the night for being drunk and disorderly. And I’ve never had a dog run out on a motel bill. Yes, indeed, your dog is welcome at my motel. And, if your dog will vouch for you, you’re welcome to stay here as well.”
We have adopted the following policy to insure that we are able to continue to WELCOME ALL HOUSEHOLD PETS at NO EXTRA CHARGE:
- Pets are allowed in the rooms but ARE NOT ALLOWED on the beds, bedspreads, blankets or any of the furniture. For their use, we supply freshly laundered doggie beds, water and food bowls and complimentary doggie treats.
- With few exceptions, THERE IS A LIMIT OF 2 – 3 PETS PER ROOM, depending on the size of the
pets and the size of the room, and ONLY 1 PET IF IT IS AN EXTRA LARGE DOG SUCH AS A
ST. BERNARD OR NEWFOUNDLAND. If you have any questions about this, please call us.
- PETS MAY BE LEFT IN THE ROOMS UNATTENDED FOR 1-2 HOURS when you go out to eat (but not all evening) ONLY IF THEY WON’T BARK, CHEW, GO TO THE BATHROOM OR GET ON THE FURNITURE AND ONLY IF WE ARE NOTIFIED. We need to be notified so in the case of any emergency and we need to go into your room, your pet won’t “escape” or in some cases we won’t be bitten. We need to know where you will be and how to get in touch with you in case of a problem.
- IF YOU AREN'T ABLE TO CONTROL YOUR DOGS' BARKING either when you are with them or when they are alone, PLEASE DON'T BRING THEM WITH YOU.
- PETS ARE NOT TO BE LEFT UNATTENDED IN THE ROOMS ALL DAY. If you are going to be gone all day (skiing, rafting, mountain biking) we prefer you take your pets to one of two excellent kennels nearby. One is Wag N Tail 719 539-9246 located 5 miles west of us on the way up to Monarch Pass. Their rate is $6 for up to six hours and $8 for over six hours. It includes lunch, 2 treats and playing with an attendant in their outdoor play area. Additional dogs are $5 or $7. Their weekday hours are 8:00AM to 5:30 PM and weekend hours are 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM for drop off and 5:00PM to 6:00Pm for pickup. The other is Double J Cross Kennel 719 539-4080. They are located 15 miles north heading up to Buena Vista. Their rate is $10 per day. If you have more than one dog in the same run, the rate is still $10. Each dog has its own indoor and outdoor run. Their weekday hours are 7:00AM to 6:PM. Call for weekend hours. We recommend you call either kennel for reservations.
- IN SOME CIRCUMSTANCES YOU MAY NEED TO LEAVE YOUR PET IN THE ROOM ALL DAY. In this case, we require it be kenneled. You may bring your own or we have ones to rent for $5 a day. We also require that you request our Pet Walking Service where we will walk your pet behind the motel two different times for $7.50 per day. Arrangements should be made in advance to guarantee availability. We feel it is cruel to leave an animal in an unfamiliar place all day and expect it not to go to the bathroom. And even if it doesn’t, our veterinarian tells us this is very unhealthy for the animal and can do permanent damage to its kidneys. We want your pet to have as good a time staying at the Woodland Motel as you do.
- There are two places to exercise you pet. One of them is BEHIND THE MOTEL IN THE ALLEY ON THE OTHER SIDE. There is a security light at night. The other place is around the backside of the ballpark across the street. You must access this area by going around the beige storage building at the west end of the ballpark parking lot. You must come out the same way you went in. DON’T LET YOUR PET GO ON THE BALLFIELDS OR IN BETWEEN THE BALLFIELDS. THERE IS UP TO A $300 FINE. PLEASE DON’T WALK YOUR PET ACROSS THE STREET NEXT TO THE FENCE. PLEASE DON’T LET YOUR PET GO TO THE BATHROOM ON ANY OF OUR LANDSCAPING. WHENEVER AND WHEREVER YOU WALK YOU PET, PLEASE PICK UP AFTER IT. We provide “doggie bags.” Please put waste in our dumpster or appropriate containers.
- PLEASE KEEP YOUR DOG ON A LEASH AT ALL TIMES WHEN IT IS OUTSIDE YOUR ROOM. This is for your pet's protection and for ours. This is to prevent any dog fights, someone being bitten or your pet being hit by a car. There is a Leash Law in Salida. The only place your dog is allowed to be outside without a leash is on the far side of the Ballpark across the street.
ALL OF OUR ROOMS ARE NON-SMOKING. Our goal is to have all our rooms fresh and odor free for ALL OF OUR GUESTS. Smoking guests may stay in any of our rooms but must NEVER smoke inside . They may smoke outside and we have ash receptacles with a lid they can leave outside their door to put ashes and butts in. We have outdoor ashtrays around the motel and we ask all smokers to always dispose of their butts properly. We ask that SMOKERS NOT SMOKE CIGARS OR PIPES ON OUR PROPERTY. The Spa area and Office are non-smoking areas and we ask that you respect this.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION IN FOLLOWING THESE POLICIES. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT US AT 800 488 0456. THANK YOU.